CISP – Certified Inside Sales Professional
This course is a perfect choice for Sales Executives and Account Managers and will help every certified individual maintain the latest sales skills, trends, and techniques.
The course consists of 10 individual but tightly connected courses, plus a course that helps you prepare for the upcoming exam. Each of these courses builds on the other and will help you grasp knowledge and obtain skills that will build up to make a strong and knowledgeable Inside Sales professional.
The objectives of Course 1 are to familiarize you with the CISP® program and learning methods, identify many of the unique attributes associated with an Inside Sales Professional, and introduce the AA-ISP Code of Ethics. As the profession of Inside Sales continues to grow and take on increased significance, the AA-ISP feels it is important to establish and maintain a Code of Ethics to ensure professional standards for Inside Sales are adopted and maintained.
In this course applicants will review the basics of business, how functional areas operate, how companies typically procure products/services, and the common steps of a sales process.
In this course, students review a variety of tactics which are critical to an Inside Sales Professional’s (ISP’s) research and preparation for prospecting, including how to:
- Find contact information and other information specific to the targeted organization and individual
- Set key goals for successful prospecting
- Measure progress against set goals.
In this course, students review the components of a successful first call to a prospect, commonly referred to as the Prospecting Call, cold call, or warm call. This course will include the following:
- Knowledge and skills required to conduct an effective Prospecting Call
- Ways to move to the Discovery and Qualification phase
- Decision criteria for where to move the prospect next, i.e. virtual or face-to-face meeting, a referral to another more appropriate executive, email follow-up, or a future scheduled call based on needs and timing
In this course, students will develop and confirm a thorough understanding of a prospect’s situation, needs, challenges, and any processes in the purchasing decision. In addition, this course will provide the following:
- Assessment tools for understanding the needs of the prospect
- Ways to “qualify” the prospect by determining if there is a match for product/services
- Methods to assess the probability of closing a sale and the appropriate next steps to take in the sales process
In this course, students will learn how to properly prepare and present a compelling solution and, if appropriate, submit an initial proposal using some of the following skills:
- Presenting a solution via the phone or “virtually”
- Discussing and demonstrating the products and solutions relative to the prospect’s specific needs
- Gaining agreement on specific key benefits
- Asking for the sale
In this course, students will properly prepare to address the prospect’s objections, and then advance the sale process. The student will learn to determine if the objection has a resolution or is in fact an obstacle that cannot be solved, and should therefore end the sales process.
In this course, the student identifies ways to gain commitment and earn a signed agreement.
Inside Sales Professionals rely heavily on both voicemails and e-mails to communicate to prospects and clients. This course will outline the most effective ways to accomplish written communications and voicemails.
In this course, best practices for account and channel management are discussed. The primary objective of this course is to share skills for practicing outstanding customer service, and pro-active communications during the account management and channel management process.
The Final Examination overview will help the CISP® candidate effectively prepare for the final examination. The final exam grading outline is examined along with a recorded example of an effective “live” role play. Course 11 will get CISP® students ready to take their final exam.
The CISP® accreditation is a web-based, on-line program which includes a comprehensive, 10-module preparatory coursework, followed by a final “live sales call” role play exam. Applicants are expected to complete the entire coursework in about 8 weeks, prior to sitting for their final exam. Each course includes study and learning of the competencies required to successfully pass the final examination. In addition, candidates work through practice simulations, observe audio recordings of sales calls, and take course-ending tests. Each course-ending test must be successfully completed before moving on to the next course. The proprietary BrainX on-line learning system used throughout the course work helps each candidate master the content, and prepares them for a successful final exam outcome.
After completing the 10 courses, candidates may schedule their final exam. The final exam consists of a simulated live sales call to a prospect. Candidates are given a choice of several sales scenarios to choose from, which will form the basis of their call. Candidates are expected to successfully cover several components on the call including the introduction, discovery, sales qualification, questioning techniques, listening skills, next steps, etc. in order to pass the exam. Each candidate will receive a detailed final exam expectation and grading summary along with an audio example of a successful role play allowing them to prepare for a successful outcome.
On-going education ensures that accredited reps stay current, while continuously seeking opportunities to increase their skills and competence through professional education. Passing the CISP® coursework and final exam earns accreditation for a 3 year period. Accredited professionals are required to earn at least 5 Continuing Sales Education (CSE) credits every year after the initial 3-year period.
- Attend a local Chapter meeting (1 credit)
- Attend a Regional or National AA-ISP conference (4 credits)
- Attend a AA-ISP webinar or Training Tuesday (1 credit)
- Receive training from an AA-ISP authorized training partner (Credits vary) Each CISP® will have on line access to their personal profile. After earning your accreditation, you will update your profile with earned CSE credits. A full list of earning opportunities with associated CSE points will be sent to each candidate upon successful completion of the CISP®.
All CISP registrants receive a 1 year membership to the AA-ISP, the only organization dedicated exclusively to the advancement of Inside Sales.
Members – USD 870 – Online Only
Non-Members – USD 970 – Online Only
e2i employers – SGD 4,500 after subsidy (Includes online course, exam fee, mentoring, coaching, consulting and paper works)
This course will help you:
- Learn industry standards and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry advancement
- Advance your career
- Show your proactive approach to professional development
- Raise the bar in your organization
- Get noticed and praised by your superiors
- Close more wins than ever before
Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP®)
$870.00 – $970.00
All prices quoted are in USD.